We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
With the onset of spring, before the start of gardening work, many gardeners begin to be bothered by the question of how to quickly dig up a garden with a shovel?
This method is still more affordable and environmentally friendly, and it is especially popular among owners of small plots.
- How to quickly dig up a garden with a shovel
- An easy-to-dig shovel or wonder shovel
- How to make a digger for a garden with your own hands
- How to dig up a vegetable garden with grass
How to quickly dig up a garden with a shovel
Despite the active development of technology, many gardeners still use an ordinary shovel to dig gardens. This is the most affordable method that needs only one cost - physical.
However, despite the fact that it is one of the most common tools, it is important to remember that working with it for a long time is quite difficult. For small plots, this is still tolerable, but for large-area vegetable gardens, digging by this method is undesirable.
It is recommended to pay special attention to the material from which the instrument is made. If this is ordinary iron, you will have to make a lot of effort when working with it. Better to give preference to titanium.
In addition, before starting work, it is worth paying attention to the structure of the soil. When digging up sandy soils, you will have to make less effort than when processing chernozem. This is due to the structural characteristics of soil types.
An easy-to-dig shovel or wonder shovel
Few know about the miracle shovel device. As a consequence of the uniqueness of its design, this tool greatly facilitates the process of digging and loosening the soil. The device consists of a frame, inside which there are two pairs of forks directed towards one or the other.
The scheme of work is extremely simple: the frame rests against the ground, the main forks penetrate into it and move with the stationary second pair of forks as a lever. Thus, in the process of such processing, soil clods are broken, and the lever-type mechanism reduces the labor intensity of the work.
Other benefits include:
- Digging in and loosening occurs simultaneously;
- When working, it is easier to clear the soil from the rhizomes of weeds, since the device does not grind them, but digs them out, like stones;
- The ability to cultivate more soil than a conventional shovel.
Before starting work, it is recommended to spray the soil a little with water, as it will be more difficult to handle dry soil.
Despite a number of advantages, it will not be superfluous to know about the possible disadvantages of the tool.
- Weight - unlike a conventional shovel, it can reach five kilograms;
- It is impossible to dig holes with a miracle shovel;
- It will be easy to dig up only the soil that was previously worked;
- Low productivity on clay soil and soil with a lot of stones.
Despite the fact that it immediately seems that all models of this device are the same, there are a number of differences in size, the number of teeth, which endows the miracle shovel with additional properties.
The basic assembly of the device includes a ripper, a hoe, a rake, a hiller and more. The most famous models include the following.
|Mole||The standard model, which is produced in several types: with a grip of 42 and 55 cm. Designed for deep fluffing|
|Baby||A common model that is small in size, easy to use and low in cost. You can recognize it by the practical complete absence of a frame and the direction of the fork teeth in one direction. Used for deep soil tillage and removal of roots of weeds and stones|
|Easycop||The width of the working blade of this model is wider, reaching 60 cm, which allows digging large areas|
The Miracle Shovel is a tool that will come in handy for many gardeners. Easy to handle, it will aid in the cultivation of large areas of soil.
Let's watch an interesting video about the miracle shovel:
How to make a digger for a garden with your own hands
Diggers may differ in some details, but the principle is approximately the same.
For the manufacture of a digger it is recommended:
- Pick up a 30x30 profiled pipe for the frame. It is important that the wall thickness does not exceed 3 mm;
- Make a handle from the same pipe;
- For the teeth of the working forks, select rods made of high-quality steel with a diameter of at least 8 mm;
- When manufacturing, take into account that the width of the working part should take from 45 to 60 cm. It is no longer recommended to do it, this will increase the weight and it will become inconvenient to work with such a tool;
- The length of the pins of the working forks should not exceed 300 mm, and the distance between them is 80 mm;
- The length of the handle should be measured individually, it should end in the shoulder area.
All other materials and parts may vary depending on the type of construction chosen and the material used in the manufacture.
Self-made miracle pitchforks are more convenient to work with, because they are made according to the size of a specific person. In addition, it will be much cheaper than buying a new instrument.
Making a digging shovel with your own hands:
How to dig up a vegetable garden with grass
Before starting work, it is recommended to visually assess the extent of the problem. If the grass covering the garden is not high, it is quite possible to start digging. The miracle shovel will not only loosen the soil, but also pull out weeds with roots.
The only thing worth considering is that it is better to take the dug out weeds out of the garden.
This will help to significantly reduce the amount of weeds for the next year, since the excavated ones will not have time to disperse or take root again.
If the weeds have managed to grow, it is recommended to remove the largest specimens from the root before tilling the soil with a miracle shovel. This will help facilitate further work and reduce the risk of breaking the instrument on too dense roots.
If it is possible to postpone digging, it is recommended to treat the site with special chemicals that will destroy the weeds and only after that start digging the garden.
A shovel is a versatile tool that is used for both digging and digging.
However, today's market can offer gardeners an alternative to this traditional device: the miracle shovel. The device is convenient and easy to use, will be a godsend for many summer residents.