We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
High weediness of corn crops, especially at an early stage of development, can lead to a significant slowdown in growth and an increase in the mass of the root system. To get a good harvest, it is extremely important to carry out timely processing of the crop.
- What are herbicides
- Weed species
- Treatment of corn with herbicides
What are herbicides
Corn herbicides are chemical preparations designed to control unwanted vegetation in crops. They are subdivided into solid and selective drugs:
- Substances of continuous action are capable of inhibiting or destroying all plants in the cultivated area; they are used in areas free from cultivated plants.
- Substances of selective or selective action destroy only weeds and are completely safe for cultivated crops.
Weeds, like cultivated plants, are subdivided into perennial and annual, and are also distinguished by their harmfulness. The most harmful are thistle, all types of sow thistle, bindweed. The difficulty of dealing with them lies in the fact that after destruction with drugs, they have the ability to give new shoots, moreover, such weeds are late species and often grow after treatment.
As a result, with such malicious plants, the fight must be constantly waged. Corn is a heat-loving plant, with slowly developing shoots, therefore it suffers more than others from weediness, because there are also such types of weeds as oatmeal, wild oat, rape and others, which have a huge supply of seeds, and belong to the second stage of development of weeds. Therefore, the specialist must select the optimal variant of the herbicide for the treatment of maize with an extended duration of action.
Treatment of corn with herbicides
Low yields at high costs impede the expansion of maize crops. In order to achieve the maximum yield of products from the field, it is necessary to optimize the crop rotation process, and since this plant is weakly susceptible to diseases, does not have pests similar to grain crops, it can perfectly relieve other plants from diseases (sunflower broomrape).
The most affordable way to increase yields is to carefully select the seed material and organize timely weed control with corn herbicides.
All herbicides that have passed the state registration are subdivided into soil and post-emergence, which are designed to prevent the emergence of most annual weeds and control perennial ones. To maximize the effectiveness of the drug, you must:
- Thorough soil tillage minimizing clods
- Maximum reduction of plant residues from the previous harvest
- Strict adherence to the conditions of use - correctly calculated consumption rate for the treated area, uniform distribution, taking into account weather conditions
- Sowing seeds to the correct depth
One of the most common are corn herbicides based on the 2,4-D amine salt. But their use is advisable with sufficient moisture, since during drought, sufficient control of perennial weeds is impossible, which will inevitably lead to partial burns of the crop itself and slow down its development, as well as adversely affect human health. Processing is carried out strictly during the formation of 3-5 sheets.
It is important to remember that this type of herbicide for corn does not contribute to the rapid drying of harmful plants, but stops their growth and gradual death within 30-40 days. Therefore, when you see a green growth of weeds the next day after treatment, one should not assume that the drug did not work.
Clopyralid-based preparations have shown themselves very well in weed control, especially when mixed with sulfonylureas, they give amazing results.
The most popular corn herbicides are:
- Trimer - control of dicotyledonous weeds.
- Quasar is a selective post-emergence drug.
- Aztec is a selective pre-emergence variety.
- Miranda - the destruction of weeds directly in the crops themselves.
- Zephyr 300 - for the destruction of sow thistle and other hard-to-eradicate weeds.
- Saga - pre-emergence selective drug
- Turbin is a soil preparation for use in crops.
- Triton is a maize insurance herbicide designed to control one- and perennial cereal weeds.
Corn is of great importance for a person, not in vain, at one time, she received the name "Queen of the fields". No one has doubted its benefits from eating for a long time, in addition, its use for animal feed in the form of silage cannot be overestimated.
The subtleties of processing corn with herbicides, see the video: